PSRS/PEERS Pension Education
PSRS / PEERS – What is it? How do I benefit?
PSRS – Public School Retirement System of Missouri
PEERS – The Public Education Employee Retirement System of Missouri
The questions roll in as educators begin to explore and understand the Missouri retirement system. (By the way, it’s have one of the BEST retirement plans in the country. It is worth getting to know.)
Did you know……
- PSRS / PEERS have three different benchmarks for Normal or Full Retirement Benefits?
- There are also Early Retirement Benefits available?
- There is an option of a Partial Lump Sum (PLSO) when you retire IF you are eligible?
- There is a Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) and a Government Pension Offset (GPO) that may affect you upon retirement?
- You may be eligible to purchase credit to add to your years of service?
- You have several different Survivor Option benefits once you retire?
It is NEVER too early to talk with a qualified team of financial advisors at Ameritime to discuss your full financial picture and retirement options. Set a plan…set goals…..but also make sure you review them regularly as our lives/financial pictures can change quite often and without much notice. Your plans and goals will (most likely) be different from your coworker. And that is OK…..We want what is best for your family’s financial picture…not someone else’s ideas.
This course is designed to teach educators and education employees the basics of his/her PSRS/PEERS pension and also share strategies that could potentially enhance that pension. A brief overview of the retirement benchmarks for PSRS and/or PEERS members is given. Additionally, we will share pertinent information related to purchasing years, existing retirement incentives such as the Partial Lump Sum Option (PLSO), and also delve into the various pension survivor options.